Tuesday 29 March 2011

TDC Graphic Design at The Goethe-Institute, Hanoi









So I headed to The Goethe-Institute in Hanoi on a sunday afternoon and stumbled across The Hanoian art scene, showcasing some of the best International graphic designers I have ever seen. Firstly the exhibition was really well put together and for a moment I felt as though I was standing in The White Cube in London.

Secondly the exhibition really opened my eyes to new ways of looking at art, print, sketchbook journals, colour pallete and of course fashion. Here are some of my highlights of the show.

Every year, the TDC simultaneously holds two type competitions: one for the use of type and letterforms in design and the other for the design of typefaces. The 242 winning entries in this year’s exhibition range from printed matter and packaging to logos and movie titles. The entries came from 20 countries around the world, including: Germany, Australia, China, England, France, Holland, India, Japan, Canada, Korea and USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment