In July I start styling for Fashion and Life for VTV3 in Vietnam, so over the past weeks I have been hunting out the best boutique in Hanoi. Looking for the most interesting visual merchandising, inspiring stock and funkiest staff. From the outside this might seem like an easy job, but anyone who has been to Hanoi will quickly realize that in fact this is a total challenge!
Firstly Hanoi is the size of London but there is no clear areas with the same style of shops (Like Shoreditch, Camden, Kings Road..etc), everything is completely spread out and in order to shop you need a motorbike (and a driver who doesn't mind the wait..), addresses of where to go and a pocket full of Dong.
Secondly the coolest shops are in underground places, difficult to find, especially in the 40 degree heat, with jam packed roads so a lot of patience and persistence is a must have.
Thirdly most of the clothes are European size 6-8 and one offs! you can fall in love with so many beautiful outfits but they may not quite fit, which can leave you feeling a little devastated...
But fear not my friends Miss Regenerate has prepared a list of some of the coolest shops in Hanoize!
Luxury fashion mens and womenswear designer clothing and high fashion for all occassions, designers include:- Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Antonio Berandi, Hussein Chalayan, Little Marc, Chloe and Victor&Rolf.
- Runway 13 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hoan Kiem District.
Work Clothes for the professional lady!! (Good news, these shop are on the same street)
- L'Atelier a fashion, art and lifestyle shop, full of lovely finds, designed by local new talent, with lots of lovely accessories. They have opened up a second concept store too full of some great childrenswear and menswear too..
33 Xuan Dieu, Tay Ho
-Pure Heaven Showroom understated, clean cut, oversized, comfortable clothes, designers are more European from areas like Copenhagen.
55 Xuan Dieu, Tay Ho
- Gift Haus gifts, toys, decoration and accessories from all over the world. Perfect for notebooks, sketchbooks, craft books, exciting ornaments and accessories, very quirky and cool.
8A Pho Yen Phu, Tay Ho
Indie clothing, casualwear, trend based, lifestyle stores for dayway and clubwear. These stores are quite spread out so you'll need a scooter to get you down the narrow streets.
- I love SA- vintage inspired fashion, quirky, cool clothes, girly shoes and cool accessories, but small sizes, however I love SA they have 3 stores in Hanoi, so plenty to look at.
8 Ta Hien
645 Kim Ma
555 Kim Ma
-Snow- Tasteful, vintage and trend based fashion, incredible shoes and accessories everything is brought from Bangkok so more sizes and great sales assistant.
-2B Ta Hien
Harajuku-cute casual clothes, in bright colours and lots of nice styles to choose from.
-54 Hang Cot
-Unisex, 163 Hang Bac
-Comptoir Des Createurs, 166 Ba Trieu
excellent visual merchandising, lots of different styles, but small sizes.
-La Cage- Amazing clothes (La Cage sells Al Saints), quirky layout, good sizes, excellent service from owner Nick who says 'treat this place like you've just came round to your mates house!
- No 9, Alley 3b, Dang Thai Than St